Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Hot Springs and Cold Snow For Me!

 
I forgot to take pictures at the hot spring, so here are some pretty fall leaves instead.

I had Monday off because I worked the event on Saturday, so I decided to spend it going on an adventure. It is perfect weather right now for visiting hot springs- cold but not too snowy that accessing the springs becomes impossible.
This adventure took me to Trail Creek Hot Spring in Cascade. The drive up was beautiful and there was snow all along the road. Stopped at a seemingly sketchy pipe in the side of the mountain to fill up on some nice crisp spring water and then continued on to Trail Creek. It was a short hike down to the pools and thankfully, nobody else was there! We hopped into the upper pool--supposedly it's better because you can control the temperature by opening and closing a pipe that brings cold water in from the river. Two couples and a family of seven came in waves throughout the day, but all of them chose to cram in the lower pool (fine by me!) until this old man showed up, asked if he could join, and then stripped naked and hopped in. Old people......they're the worst. We left shortly after, as we had been there long enough anyways.
On the drive back, we pulled over so I could play in the snow- ALMOST busted my ass, but saved myself just in time.  Grabbed dinner on the lake in Cascade while the sunset made the clouds look like cotton candy. It was definitely a nice way to spend a day off.

How Neat Is That?!






No comments:

Post a Comment