Monday, November 6, 2017

Black Magic For Me!


 

 Yesterday I drove out to Black Magic Canyon to do some exploring. I had intended on going a few weeks ago but had forgotten to call the canal company to make sure they were not planning any water releases. I called Friday and got the green light to go explore. It took me a minute to figure out which direction the bulk of the canyon was from where I started, but when I got it, I was impressed! The lava rock has been shaped by years of rushing water, creating a beautiful natural sculpture garden! The smooth rocks made some crevices impossible for me to scale and get through, so I had to climb up the canyon walls to get past. There were random piles of dead fish throughout the canyon (I'd imagine they died from smashing against the rocks during dam releases), but that didn't distract too terribly from the beauty of this place.

8/8 would recommend


How Neat Is That?!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment