Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Adaptations For America!


Today was probably my favorite field trip I've lead throughout my term thus far. Not only did the day start with a beautiful sunrise, but I've been looking forward to this group's visit for WEEKS! We had a group of fifteen 3rd graders come out to learn about habitat, adaptations, and other survival needs. I planned out a pretty neat couple of hour for them where we played habitat lap-sit, Oh Deer!, and quick frozen critters before spending some time exploring some of the biofacts in the touch trunk (pelts, talons, skulls, etc). We ended the field trip with some time in the visitor center and a quick nature walk through part of our trails system. The kids were awesome and some of them were super into animals and knew most of what we were talking about today! Always a great day when I get to be Ranger Rhian! Can't wait to lead more field trips like this one!
How Neat Is That?!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment