Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Weekends With New Friends For Me!


I spent the majority of this past Saturday with a new friend from work. Andy and I went up into the trail system I hiked last weekend and did a much longer trail, starting from a trailhead lower down and hiking all the way up to the quarry overlook, then down to the reservoir and back down to his car. It was a much steeper hike, and the elevation gain was pretty consistent throughout. I definitely still need to work on getting my stamina back when it comes to hiking uphill- part of me wants to just keep hiking that trail until it doesn't hurt anymore, but it isn't much for views so I'm not sold on the idea just yet.
It was a pretty good time hiking, so we came back to the dorms to play some video games, some board games, and have a few drinks. Definitely glad that the people here are down for playing games- I have too many fun board games and it would suck not to get to play them!
I'm really enjoying getting to know my new coworkers and hanging out with some of them outside of work. Looking forward to more fun times and adventures!




No comments:

Post a Comment