Thursday, January 10, 2019

Day 3 and 4 For The Fishies!

One of the little Steelhead morts from today

Weighing out feed
Work continues to be a blast! I learn something new every day and my resume of skills is just growing exponentially. On Wednesday I got certified to use the forklift after watching a safety video, learning to inspect the forklift and then safely navigating through an obstacle course. It definitely isn't as easy to drive as I thought it would be, but it is definitely manageable. After passing the course, I got to go and feed some Chinook that I haven't gotten a chance to meet yet and weigh out the feed for the next day. After that, I spend the remainder of the day in the vat room scrubbing trays, inspecting/repairing the tray screens, and helping Andy weigh out feed for the little Chinook babies. A group of us ended the day with dinner and beers across the street at Northfork again.

Today I spent the day with the Steelhead crew again- feeding, sweeping, and weighing diets. I did get to learn how to use the pump to clean out the tailboxes at the end of the Chinook raceways though, which was cool. And I got to put my newfound forklift skills to the test and move the pump from the bridge back to the garage where it is stored.
Definitely still loving my job here and excited to see what else I get to learn and do!







No comments:

Post a Comment