Sunday, January 6, 2019

Starting a New Adventure For Me!!

Hello again!!

It has been a while since I last posted on here, but I'm starting a new adventure and wanted to get back in the saddle of blogging about my experiences both in work and my free time!
After spending the past three months at home in Florida I am back in Idaho and gearing up to start my new job!


On new years eve I packed up my car and left Florida on yet another cross country road trip. My car is honestly such a trooper to put up with all of this nonsense. I arrived here at the Hatchery on Friday afternoon where I was quickly introduced to whatever staff was nearby, given an abbreviated tour of the dorms and jumped right into unpacking. I was invited to join some of the staff for dinner at a little diner across the street so I had a chance to unwind and get to know some of my new coworkers over burgers and beers. Definitely a nice start to this new adventure.
Saturday I needed to get my grocery shopping done. I was told not to shop at the local grocery store as it is super expensive and we are poor seasonal workers, so I made the 1 hour trek into Lewiston to hit up Winco for some groceries. After that trip, I truly feel like I am living in BFE.

My Sunday has been spent relaxing after going on a quick little hike up near the reservoir. There isn't a ton of snow on the ground here, but it was a nice little hike with a fair amount of elevation gain right off the bat. I think I did about 2.5 miles on the trails up there, but will definitely be going back to hike the rest another time! I am definitely looking forward to this new job and the chance to explore a new part of Idaho!!



Starting tomorrow (1/7/2019) I will begin working as a Biological Aide at the Clearwater Fish Hatchery in Ahsahka, Idaho. I have a very vague understanding of what the position will entail, but I am super excited to find out and experience working in a field that is fairly new to me. I will be sure to post updates both via blog posts here, as well as through photo posts on my Instagram (@mermaid_rhian).




No comments:

Post a Comment