Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Starting My Second Week For The Fishies!!

The Chinook Bank 
Some of the Chinook morts from today
My second week at the Hatchery has been off to a great start. I have still managed to find new things to learn and do every day!
On Monday, I finally got back in the vat room to sweep/clean the baby fish raceways (I haven't done that since my first day). After that, I got to feed Chinook on the bridge for the first time. It's essentially the same as feeding Steelhead, but the Chinook seem to be better eaters. We swept the Chinook raceways and then Andy taught me how to pump the tail boxes back in adult holding (more Chinook raceways).
On Tuesday, I started in the vat room again and fed out Chinook on the bridge. I spent the rest of the day sweeping the raceways on the Chinook bank, which was new to me. Definitely not my favorite thing, but not too bad. Just very time consuming.





No comments:

Post a Comment