Friday, March 9, 2018

Uncovering Murders For America!

I COMPLETELY forgot to post about the latest Refuge mystery- A Deer Murder Ring!!!!
So, a few weeks ago, we received several reports of a dead yearling deer along one of our trails. Being that I was working on a decomposition lesson plan at the time for our SEEDS4 program, Susan suggested that I photo-document its decomposition so that I can create a GIF with the images and include it in with the lesson plan.



 
Background info: her name is LaFawnduh and we are currently unsure of how she died, though it appears that someone dumped her there.
 
 
 
Last week, when I went to take a picture of her, I got to the location on the trail to find that LaFawnduh now has a new deer friend, who also appears to have been dumped there. As strange as it was for two deer to have been dumped in the same spot, especially with how out of the way that location is, I decided to look around and see if there were any more dead deer in the area.


 
LOW AND BEHOLD: I found another deer, though this one was far more decomposed than the other two.




I figured that three dead deer having been dumped in the same location seemed suspicious, so I sent pictures and coordinates to Colby, our Fish & Wildlife Officer to investigate. He comfirmed that they weren't deer that he dumped there (he often gets calls about deer that were hit by cars, so he picks them up and dumps them somewhere- but not there) so he will look into it when he has a chance.
 I'm super interested to see how this murder mystery turns out!
How Neat Is That?!

No comments:

Post a Comment