Monday, March 12, 2018

Summiting Cervidae Peak For Me!

The view from the peak



Yesterday I made it to first base in summiting Cervidae Peak- peak #1 of the 4 Grand Slam Peaks!
It was a pretty intense climb (super steep all the way up) and the melting remnant snow made it even more slippery, but the views were well worth it- in addition to the complete sense of accomplishment when I finished. The beautiful spring weather made it the perfect day for a hike. I assumed I would need jackets but they stayed in my backpack the entire day and I hiked in a tank top.
It was nice to finally feel the sun and not have to wear three layers to stay warm.
The only bummer was that I didn't see ANY wildlife. I had expected to see deer and/or elk being that they are the namesake of this peak, but all I saw was tons of their scat. I assume if I had started my hike earlier in the day I would have probably seen some, though the hike was pretty spectacular regardless.
I'm definitely looking forward to hiking the other three peaks in the series!

How Neat Is That?!


The trail!

No comments:

Post a Comment