Monday, March 12, 2018

Partying With Pioneers For America!





This Saturday I hosted an educational/outreach booth at the Caldwell Library's Pioneer Party- a celebration of the book "Little House in the Big Wood" and the life of Laura Ingalls Wilder. I skimmed through the story to find out what specific animals were mentioned and brought the corresponding pelts with me for the kids to touch and identify. There was a puppet show, cross stitching, hair braiding, tree identification, and toys/games from that time. It was a pretty cute event and I got to meet a fair amount of enthusiastic kids- many of which were homeschooled (which is not surprising). I also met the Idaho PLT facilitator and learned a bit about the trees of Idaho, including some fun identification tricks like "pines have pals and pairs" in reference to the pine trees (with one exception) not having single needles. Overall, it was a neat event, and I am going to work with them to lead a program as part of their summer reading program!
How Neat Is That?!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment