Monday, March 5, 2018

Hiking High Points For Me!

 
 

This past Saturday I drove out to Celebration Park to do some hiking. Once again, it took a while to find a way around the stupid closed roads, but I eventually figured it out! (My car certainly puts up with a lot of crap from me in terms of pushing it to drive in areas that it really isn't built for).
When I got there, I started my trek across the covered foot bridge (pretty neat bridge if you ask me) and made my way down one of the many well worn trails in the area. The trail I selected started off with a steep climb up a hill but then leveled out for quite a while. A little ways down the trail I came to a fork where I could either hike up to the tallest ridge line in the immediate area or go around it. Being the adventurer that I am, I elected to climb the ridge, encountering patches of snow along the way. Once at the top, there were several tall rock formations that I, of course, decided to climb. (If I was gonna climb the tallest ridge I might as well get ALL THE WAY UP, right?!)
The loose gravel in spots made it a bit sketchy, but the view was definitely worth the effort!
How Neat Is That?!

No comments:

Post a Comment