Monday, March 5, 2018

Summiting Mountains On Snowshoes For Me!

 

Yesterday I went snowshoeing with a Boise Meetup group up in Garden Valley and we ended up summiting a freaking mountain! (Bald Mountain to be exact- though apparently there are several peaks by that name in Idaho) The trek totaled around 7.6 miles round trip on an ungroomed trail with 2,631 feet of elevation gain! It was WAY harder than my first snowshoeing adventure, but the views from the top were incredible!! I did fall a few times when the snow decided it no longer wanted to be there, but thankfully I caught myself every time and didn't end up rolling down the mountain side. This would definitely be a pretty hike in the summer time as well- SO many Ponderosa Pines (my favorites!). When we got back to our cars me and the guys all went out for pizza and beer, which was a solid ending to a pretty great adventure!
It was nice to get out and snowshoe again before the snow melts and it was fun getting to meet some new people! Definitely looking forward to joining the group on more events and adventures in the future!
How Neat Is That?!
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment