Monday, January 22, 2018

Snowshoeing For Me!


 I had a most excellent adventure on Sunday! I got to go snowshoeing for the first time ever....and man was it incredible! I have been DYING to try snowshoeing ever since my trip to Alaska last year and when I moved out here to Idaho, I told myself I would try it at least once before the end of my term. I got a pair of snowshoes for Christmas and they've been staring at me from across my bedroom just begging to be used. 

This has been a strange winter from what I've been told as there has been very little snow and it's already nearing the end of January. But, there was finally enough snow up at Bogus Basin this weekend and I lucked out and got off the waitlist for a women's snowshoe outing with REI that I had registered for a few weeks ago!! We drove up to Bogus Sunday morning and got geared up in the Nordic Lodge before heading out onto some of the snowshoe trails! We were lead on an interpretive snowshoe hike for about 4 miles and I learned some things about the Boise National Forest that I didn't know! (I'm still struggling to learn about Idaho flora and fauna). We snowshoed down into a ravine with a little creek, saw some rabbit tracks, climbed a freakin cliff and I didn't even fall once! SCORE!
I absolutely love the way the forest looks in the winter. The snow on the ponderosa pines is beautiful! Idaho is certainly growing on me....it's such a beautiful state and there is so much opportunity for outdoor activities! I can't wait to go snowshoeing again!

How Neat Is That?!




No comments:

Post a Comment