Thursday, January 11, 2018

Slipping and Sliding For Me!


I have recently been learning of the dark trickery that is ice....while it may be dangerously exciting to walk on, driving on it is sketchy at best.
I spent some time this weekend walking around the refuge and along the edge of the lake, picking up trash and fishing line. While not entirely confident in the stability of the ice, I avoided walking out too far on it. There were several ice fishermen in front of the embankment this weekend and I asked one of them how thick the ice was.....to which he proceeded to tell me it was about 4 inches thick before beginning to jump up and down on it to try and show me how safe it was to walk on.
Then, on my way to work Monday morning, my car learned about ice and slid off the road and into a pole (thankfully I wasn't going fast and the poles on the refuge entrance road are collapsible). All is well, but that was terrifying.
All the snow is melted right now, so I am enjoying the slightly warmer temperatures while I can!
How Neat Is That?!

 





































No comments:

Post a Comment