Monday, December 18, 2017

Winter Day Camp For America!!

 

The Winter Day Camp event I have been preparing for took place this past Saturday and I'd say it went well. I ended up with 13 kids showing up to learn about animal winter behaviours like hibernating, migrating, and insulating. I planned a bunch of educational games like Oh Deer!, How Many Bears?, and the migration four corners game I created for a classroom program earlier in the year. We also did a blubber demo, a scavenger hunt, spent some time with the touch trunk, and went on a winter hike to look for animal tracks- which proved to be super successful as there were TONS of tracks throughout the refuge in the fresh snow from the night before! It was cool to see something I planned and organized entirely on my own work out so well!
Also, this was my first decent snowfall here and my first time EVER driving on snow! I was so excited that it was snowing Friday night that I ran outside barefoot and in shorts. I played around in the snow for a little before going back in and throwing some pajama pants and snow boots on. It was so pretty and I loved seeing all the animal tracks. I'm definitely excited to experience a real winter and all the pretty scenery and fun adventures that go along with it!
How Neat Is That?!

 
My house looks so cute in the snow!!
Putting the snow boots to the test
 
The Kraaken survived its first drive in the snow!!


Being barefoot in the snow apparently is a weird thing to do......

No comments:

Post a Comment