Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Springtime Summits For Me!


A whole other world without snow
This weekend, we trekked up Station Creek Trail to Bald Mountain- the same trek I made on snowshoes earlier this year! I had been wanting to hike this trail and see what it looks like without snow for some time now and this past Sunday was the perfect opportunity.
Let me just say that hiking it was WAY easier than it was on snowshoes! The views from the top were definitely more impressive when the mountains and trees were snow covered, but it was a beautiful hike nonetheless. I am definitely feeling it a little bit today- but in a satisfying "I hiked that" kind of way.
Definitely going to start adding some high elevation gain hikes to the agenda as I have decided to summit Mt. Borah this summer (Idaho's highest peak) and I definitely want to be at least a little more prepared than I am right now, or it will be a miserable 10-12 hours.
How Neat Is That?!
Same spot, but with snow
 

 
 

 
 

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment