Monday, June 4, 2018

Confusion For Me!



This whole "there is still snow here in June" concept is still mind blowing to me! We tried to go for a hike out to a lake near Cascade, Idaho yesterday but were thwarted by the last section of road still being icy and covered in a thick blanket of snow! I was in a tank top and shorts, but the mountain didn't seem to care that winter is over now and summer is knocking on the door!
I feel like I learn something new about Idaho every day. This stake sure knows how to keep it interesting and keep me on my toes.
It was just crazy for me to have gone from sweating my ass off in the desert of the Owyhee Mountains on Saturday to trekking through deep snow on Sunday! What a time to be alive!
Despite the snow, we played around on the mountain for a bit before heading down and driving up to McCall for a bit. We paid a quick visit to Ponderosa State Park where I got to hug some aspens and a HUGE ponderosa pine (my favorite) that smelled super strongly of vanilla (I'm in love with these trees). After a quick walk through the park and being eaten alive by mosquitos, we headed into town and got some ice cream from  a little shop in an alley that advertised having "mountain sized scoops". That was a serious understatement! There three scoop cones are A PINT AND A HALF of ice cream!!! I got a double scoop thinking it would be like any other ice cream shop, but boy was I wrong! Their huckleberry ice cream was amazing though- complete with whole huckleberries mixed in! (definitely going to have to take the fam there when they come for a visit in august!)
How Neat Is That?!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment