Thursday, June 14, 2018

Listening To Nature For America!!


Yesterday, I lead a program at the Caldwell Public Library for their summer reading program. I remember going to those programs as a kid, so it was cool to get to be the presenter for one of those programs. The summer reading theme this year is "Libraries rock" so the fist portion of my program was about the sounds of nature, which was the best way I could think of to incorporate the theme into what the refuge has to offer. After the general intro to the refuge and encouraging the families to come visit us this summer, I lead a nature sounds activity where I would play a sound clip (of something-plant, animal or otherwise) and ask the kids to guess what made the sound. They were all way more interested in it than I anticipated, and they were pretty good too! After that activity, we broke into stations where kids could do fish printing, interact with our pelts, color pictures, and match bird feet with the picture of the bird and match repliscat to the animal that left it. The program went really well and it definitely helped to slightly improve what started as a pretty rough day. Fiona, the librarian, gave me a thank you card and a mug to say thanks for all the programs I have done for her this year and to say good luck at my next job.
How Neat Is That?!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment