Monday, May 7, 2018

Hiking Rapid River Trail For Me!



This past Saturday we took a three hour drive North to Riggins to hike the Rapid River Trail (a trail I have been DYING to explore pretty much since I moved here) and boy was it worth the trip!
The drive took us through part of the Payette National Forest and the road followed a pretty little river for a good while. The trail head is right next to a hatchery, but we didn't get the chance to check that out-- though there's always next time!
The trail starts out above the river, surrounded by some beautiful rock formations, full of little caves and other outcroppings. As you continue down the trail, it takes you down alongside the river where the mist from the little rapids made for the perfect temperature. There was SO much green it was crazy to think that just a few hours earlier we were in the desert that is southwestern Idaho. I never would have guessed that Idaho could be this beautiful before moving out here, but what a treat it was. We followed the trail for about four miles or so before deciding to hike out, though I definitely wouldn't mind coming back and backpacking the entire length of the trail- camping along that river would have to be incredible.
On our way back home, we stopped for dinner at a little Huckleberry Café in the middle of nowhere and had the most amazing lemonade ever- Huckleberry Lemonade and some tasty burgers and fries (burgers are my favorite post-hike meal)
I'm definitely starting to get bummed out that my time in Idaho is coming to an end, but I'm excited to fill the rest of my time here with more adventures like this. Before too long I'll be on my way to start a new adventure in Seattle, with SO much more nature to explore!
How Neat Is That?!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment