Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Discovering Wildlife For America!

Last week were the final days of our Discover Wildlife Journeys Spring field trips! Though the last few weeks have been a bit hectic with so many field trips going on, I can honestly say that they all went really well! With the end of the Spring field trip season comes the essential end of my time leading field trips here at Deer Flat. There will be a few sporadic and brief field trips scattered throughout the summer, but for the most part the rest of my term here will be spent writing lesson plans, revising existing documents, and ensuring that my knowledge and experience is reflected in documents for future AmeriCorps members to use and build off of. I am definitely sad to be back inside and at a desk for the majority of my remaining term, but it has been SUCH a great experience. I have loved my time here and will continue to make the best out of the remaining two months of my term.
In just a few short months I will be off on a new adventure at my next job in Washington where I will get to teach kids about nature and the environment EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK! Needless to say I am extremely excited for this next opportunity.
How Neat Is That?!

No comments:

Post a Comment