Monday, October 16, 2017

Getting WILD for America!



 FINALLY got to attend a Project WILD training workshop this weekend! I have wanted to do this for years but never was available during the sessions that were scheduled. Lucky for me, training and professional development is a part of the job, so I got to attend the workshop in Boise this weekend as a part of that requirement! The first night we did some icebreakers, played some games (I was the only one who had ever even heard of Oh Deer!), and had a visit from a Swainson's Hawk named Little Hawk and a Great Horned Owl named Merlin who live at the Morley Nelson Snake River Birds of Prey National Conservation Area! The next day we did some activities, played more games, learned about salmon and bears, saw part of the air show and did some peer teaching. Overall, it was a solid workshop and I am definitely looking forward to attending more throughout my term here- especially the WILD about Salmon workshop in July (they said we get to hold a giant salmon as part of the training!!!)

How Neat Is That?!

No comments:

Post a Comment